COACHING and RESUME WRITING
What is Professional Coaching?
The International Coaching Federation defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. At PES, we honor YOU - the client - as the expert in your own life and work. Standing on this foundation, our responsibility as coaches are to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential. Coaching helps individuals and companies focus on what matters most in life and business.
What are some typical reasons someone might work with a coach?
An individual or team might choose to work with a coach for many reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- Something urgent, compelling or exciting is at stake (a challenge, a stretch goal or opportunity)
- A gap exists in knowledge, skills, confidence or resource
- A desire to accelerate results
- Leadership development
- A lack of clarity with choices to be made
- Success has started to become problematic
- Work and life are out of balance, creating unwanted consequences
- Core strengths need to be identified, along with how best to leverage them
The Importance of your RESUME!
First impressions count, and the first impression that a potential employer will have of you, is going to depend on how you present your resume. This is going to be your one and only chance to capture a potential employer’s attention, or for your resume to be tossed into the file of those they don’t want to pursue.
The statistics are that the average employer only spends a few seconds looking at a resume, so it is imperative that it makes an impression. In this increasingly competitive job market you need to have a professional resume that contains the right information, so that it will stand out amongst the countless other resumes that potential employers will be looking at, and give you the best possible chance of getting their attention. You need to remember that you only have a few seconds that the potential employer is going to be taking to glance at your resume, so it’s very important to make sure that all the years you have been working and studying are going to be represented properly in your resume.
With a resume created specifically for your current job search needs that elegantly and efficiently shapes your experience to fit your future, you will capture the attention of hiring managers within seconds!!